Monday, December 15, 2008

More Not Me Monday's

Without further build up, more Not Me's. A time when women across blogger world admit their shortcomings and live to smile about it.



This past week, while visiting my Grandmas house, I surely did not watch absently as my son crawled over to the table, and began to pull himself up on the back of the thick wooden kitchen chair. I did not think to myself "hmm, I wonder if that chair is solid enough for him to yank on it like that" only to have my thought finished by the vision of my baby tumbling backwards, followed closely by the large, very heavy wooden chair. And I defiantly did not get there too late, only to see that the chair had landed smack on his face. When I did remove my screaming baby from under the wreckage, there was surely not a large nasty bruise right under his eye...

And when we arrived home, Dan surely did not high five our baby and say "way to go buddy. Your first shiner". That was definitely not us.

I surely don't laugh every time our baby refers to him dad as "Diddy". I must not think it is just the cutest thing ever.

When taking Grady to the health unit for another weigh in, I did not see the nurse sceptically looking and my bruised baby thinking who knows what in her head. I surely did not hug my little man closer and proceed to tell the story only to assure myself and her that I am a good and safe mama even though my babies face might not look it at the moment... We then did not share an awkward giggle, knowing without saying it, that she was asking herself if she believed me.

_____________________________________________

Here's a pic of the damage. It healed quickly, and really wasn't that bad.

2 comments:

LucieP said...

aw your little boy is beautiful! I hate it when that happens! We just had our pics taken and my 1 yr old has a nice bruise right above his eye...uggg...what can ya do?!

He also weighed like 22lbs when he was 9 months old and now only weighs about 24 at 13 months...it's amazing!

The Nilsen's Journey said...

oh no! It's tough to see them get bruises, hey? But also important not to shelter them too much...tough balance.

23lbs eh? Wow, he's getting so strong! That's great! And amazing about not pulling down your Christmas tree!!