Friday, December 5, 2008

Content

Today is just one of those great days. I don't know what makes this day any different than other days, but it is. I just feel SO content with my life. There is nothing more or less that I want right now. Wait, scratch that... there is nothing more that I need right now.

It hit me just after lunch today. I was cleaning up the regular bomb shell of a lunch mess that Mr. Independent makes while feeding himself. Grady was playing on the floor behind me, rolling his little orange car around. We had a good CD on, full tummies and a warm house. Nothing out the ordinary, but the feeling of absolute completeness came over me. I realized just how blessed we are right now, and just how fast these days are going.

Just thought I'd share. And the fact that Dan and I are going on a solo date tonight might also have brightened my day!
________________________________________________________

G-man turned 9 months old yesterday. NINE MONTHS. Wowza. I don't have an update on his stats, but I plan to take him in to get weighed and measured soon.

1 comment:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

It does go so fast! I can't believe I'm in the last month of mat leave!! And I totally echo your complete feeling (content)!! I find it often just creeps up & swells over me! We are so blessed!! Have a great day!