Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

Well, our first Halloween with a kiddo has come and gone. Our little Dragon didn't experience very much tricking or treating, but did look very cute in his costume. Here's a pic of our fierce little fire breather.



Halloween was a fun night. As we have for the past few years, we got together with Jeff, Shannelle and the Bumble bee also known as Jackson for supper while we handed out candy. As per usual, Uncle Dr. Jeff brought along some tooth brushes to hand out with the candy. And we are pleased to report that our house did not get egged for this little tradition! We ended up having around 45 trick or treaters visit our door. I'd venture to guess that we supplied half the high school with tasty treats (and of course their very own tooth brush). Whatever, I say if they take the time to dress up then they can have a mini O'Henry from me.

I think the best costume that came to our door was a 13 year oldish girl who looked JUST like the middle child from the Incredibles! It was amazing. She got extra candy. We got a chuckle out of her buddy who was apparently feeling very Fan-cee in her mothers too large high heals. I believe she was dressed as a dead bride...

We also had a few other visitors, including Grandparents, and the mix family. Little Dragon Grady seemed to gain courage from his new persona and enjoyed the evening with "Unicorn" Carly without even shedding one tear! He's so brave.



For whatever reason I love Halloween. I enjoy the costumes and love giving out candy. Dan and I know that there are teachable moments regarding some aspects that come with Halloween, but for now it is simple innocent fun. I'm already thinking about his getup for next year....

No comments: