Friday, September 5, 2008

He's half a year!


As impossible as it seems - Grady is already 6 months old! In those short few months, our lives have changed 100 times over. True, we do at times miss some of the freedom that we used to have, but when people tell you "your life will change" they don't tell you how much fuller your life will become. We are holding onto each moment, realizing for ourselves that they pass so quickly. We are a blessed family, and have had a great six months.

As for updates on our family. First, Alex proposed to Rachelle (my sis) - and she said YES!!! YAAHHH!!! He has been part of our family for a long time now, but they are making it official sometime in May or June of 2009. Plans right now are for it to be a tropical wedding, which makes it extra exciting. And she asked me to be the maid of honor, which of course I am honored to do!

Second - Grady is changing daily. He can sit up now without support for pretty much as long as he chooses to. He's not crawling, but is very anxious to get moving which can be very frustrating for him at times. But - he's adapted and has figured out that he can roll from one end of the room to the other to get the things he wants. I am often surprised to find him in a a variety of sticky situations as a result, including having his head stuck under the couch...

He is eating two solid meals a day in addition to all his milk. So far, he's a great eater. He loves both fruit and veggies, which is amazing considering I'm his mommy... I sincerely hope he is less picky than I am. I decided a few months ago to make all of his baby food rather than buy it. I find it very fun and easy, and am really enjoying preparing his meals. The only food he has struggled with so far is yellow beans. I do admit, his facial reactions to them is a pretty funny.

Amazingly enough, fall is here already. I am sure the new season will bring it many changes, challenges and much joy.

1 comment:

The Nilsen's Journey said...

Erin, you have a beautiful spirit! I really enjoy reading your posts! Congrats on Grady's 1/2 year mark! I know what you mean about him being so active now & things changing daily! Gabriel's 8th month we felt like he just grew up so incredibly much as he could crawl, pull himself up on furniture, eat so much food, let us know what he wants by pointing/"ooohing"/going to it...I wish you many fun moments in the days ahead. I also made all Gabriel's food - it gets a bit trickier when they are eating from the table some lumpy stuff yet still requiring some smooth food. Have fun cooking. You should take a picture of him with the yellow beans.